Øptimus is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who can combine the arts of design and programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the project leads to bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
The Øptimus team has a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. You'll get the opportunity to work at a firm pushing the boundaries of data-driven decision making; as one client put it, we do “magical things” with computers and math. And have a good time doing it. Life at Øptimus includes lunches on our wrap around patio, debates over who shot first between Han Solo or Greedo, and a nacho cheese machine in the office.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS
- Good understanding of AngularJS and ReactJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates,
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of D3.js visualization framework.
- Good understanding of backend MVC frameworks – Ruby on Rails, Python/Django
(in terms of view creation and integration)