Øptimus Consulting, a data science and software company, is seeking a digital strategy intern in their Washington D.C. area office. As a digital intern, you will work closely with our Digital Strategists in all facets of digital media from advertising and social media management, to email marketing, to developing and maintaining websites, to copywriting and design for the web.
Interns with the Digital Strategy team will participate in all aspects of work at Øptimus. In an environment where a “long-term” project lasts one or two weeks, no two days are the same. You won't be getting coffee. You'll sit in on meetings and work on multiple projects: planning and executing digital advertising campaigns, assisting on developing platforms to streamline our digital services, and designing political and commercial websites, just to name a few. You'll be doing the work that a full-time employee does. We'll match what you're good at with what you enjoy and what we need.
We don't guarantee full-time employment after an internship, but we're a growing firm and are always looking for bright, hard-working talent. If you're looking for a full-time job, this is a good first step and puts you ahead of the competition!
1. Must be able to learn quickly and juggle multiple projects with moving deadlines.
2. Must have strong research, writing, and analytical skills.
3. Experience in the development of email, advertising, and social media content.
4. Must have excellent Excel skills and be incredibly competent in Word and PowerPoint.
5. Experience with Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, and Demand-Side Platforms are a plus.
6. Experience with Google Analytics is a plus.
7. Experience with website design, development, and management are a plus.
8. A passion for politics is strongly preferred.
9. Experience with SQL is a plus.
10. Experience with political campaigns or similar recruitment efforts are a plus.
Internships with Øptimus are paid commensurate with professional and academic experience.
Øptimus Consulting is a family of statisticians, graphic designers, data scientists, programmers, social media marketing analysts, and recovering politicos. We handle a wide variety of projects and use many different technologies and programs to meet our clients’ needs, so our culture here is one of constant learning and curiosity. Our product quality is unparalleled. We like to do things carefully and do them the right way. We boast an office in Old Town Alexandria, no cubicles (think a cross between Slugline from House of Cards and CTU from 24), and a nacho cheese machine and kegerator. If you live by the “work hard, play hard” philosophy, then you'll be a great fit with the Øptimus team.