Øptimus Consulting, a data science and software company, is seeking an esports data science intern in their Washington D.C. area office. Interns with the Data Science & Predictive Analytics team will participate in all aspects of work at Øptimus. Specifically we have a few esports related projects that are in development. In an environment where a “long-term” project lasts one or two weeks, no two days are the same. You won't be getting coffee. You'll sit in on meetings and work on multiple projects: writing call scripts that are used in hundreds of thousands of calls, streamlining workflows, and creating statistical models to meet the needs of our clients and esports projects, just to name a few. You'll be doing the work that a full-time employee does. We'll match what you're good at with what you enjoy and what we need. In the interview be ready to discuss your go-to SC2 build order, Twitch account, or the merits of LoL vs. DOTA 2.
We don't guarantee full-time employment after an internship, but we're a growing firm and are always looking for bright, hard-working talent. If you're looking for a full-time job, this is a good first step and puts you ahead of the competition!
1. Must be able to learn quickly and juggle multiple projects with moving deadlines.
2. Must have strong analytical skills.
3. Must have at least one course in statistics or equivalent real-world experience.
• Having courses or experience in machine learning, data mining, regression, generalized linear models, experimental design, and/or GIS is especially desired!
4. Must have killer Excel skills and be incredibly competent in Word, PowerPoint, etc.
5. Must have experience in R or Python - both is a plus!
6. Must have a passion and willingness to work in the esports industry
7. Experience with computer programming is a plus.
8. Experience with analytics of sports statistics or esports statistics is a plus
9. Experience with statistical modeling is a plus.
Internships with Øptimus are paid commensurate with professional and academic experience.
Øptimus Consulting is a family of statisticians, graphic designers, data scientists, programmers, social media marketing analysts, and recovering politicos. We handle a wide variety of projects and use many different technologies and programs to meet our clients’ needs, so our culture here is one of constant learning and curiosity. Our product quality is unparalleled. We like to do things carefully and do them the right way. We boast an office in Old Town Alexandria, no cubicles (think a cross between Slugline from House of Cards and CTU from 24), and a nacho cheese machine and kegerator. If you live by the “work hard, play hard” philosophy, then you'll be a great fit with the Øptimus team.